Thursday, October 22, 2009

AMAZING ARTIST: Justin M. Maller

Justin M. Maller BLOWS MY MIND is an understatement. Amazing. Breathtaking. Impeccable. are simple adjectives that define his detail-oriented work. With hard work and dedication, I hope my future work and skill level will be able to come close to his. My fingers are crossed.

*Please click image to enlarge.


OMBRES ET DIAMANTS
This is a beautiful photograph to begin with. The pattern design further enhances her curves. At first glance I thought the model had a full-body tattoo. Goes to show when selections are carefully done, patterns can be made into skin.

VENUS
There's a special place in my heart for urban art and this piece comprises of just that. Plus her hair gives off a futuristic vibe - an eminent style of Maller.

SKYE HARBOUR
It's hard to miss the amputated foot. This looks like it came off the movie set of Narnia but in a twisted and grotesque way. The choice of colours is a perfect fit for winter. This piece looks as if my finger were to touch the screen, it will form into an icicle.

RICH SOIL (clothing design)
I would wear the t-shirt if I saw this design on it. I love the imagination that goes with animal hybrids. Although this may not be Maller's intent, the lion looks like he's got mermaid fins and it's diving into an ocean located in space. Too bad Rich Soil Clothing have yet to include a women's collection.

BREAD AND BUTTER
A perfect harmony of randomness. It has everything - from the Eiffel Tower to Mallard ducks. Because it's so busy with images, the overall black & white colour scheme really shows off the detailing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.