Friday, September 11, 2009

GOAL SETTING

What are your professional or personal goals and what do you hope to achieve by completing the DGD program?
Who doesn't want to get paid for doing something they love? I'll be thrilled to work in a marketing or magazine firm and have my own freelance business. Any job that allows me to design, I'll be down for. As a personal goal, I would want my design work to be a source of inspiration for others - that way, I'll know I'm doing something right.

What do you consider to be your greatest source of inspiration?
It's nearly impossible for me to pinpoint just one. Inspiration comes from everything - from tigers to tattoos to teapots - but I think it boils down to beauty. Everything and everyone is beautiful in their own way. And it is important to try to find beauty in everything we see. It sucks that it rains so much in Vancouver, but have you stopped and listen to the rhythmic sound as the drops hit the pavement? Have you looked down from a building and see a swarm of colorful umbrellas? Have you noticed that the air is crisper after a rainfall?

Everything is beautiful. The question is, What do you see?

Some things that inspire me:






List 5 measurable results that you feel will best indicate that you have achieved your goals in the DGD program:
  • To build a portfolio that I am proud of.
  • To be confident with my skills in most, if not all, the programs in CS4, such as being able to use all the tools and knowing what their functions are in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
  • To build a website from scratch so that I can use it to display my portfolio for other artists and potential clients.
  • To effectively communicate my design work to clients and be able to take their ideas and turn it into works of design.
  • Develop friendships with other students in the program so that we can inspire each other and work together in the future.

5 comments:

  1. I love your first picture! and I agree with the way you think to be a source of inspiration for others is definitely so rewarding and for sure you know that what you are doing is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that all of our goals for the program are somewhat similar but how weird is it that we worded ours the same? I can already get a sense of what your work will be like based on your post.

    btw, did you draw the last picture yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Inspiration comes from everything - from tigers to tattoos to teapots"
    ...Well put, I'm going to quote you on that next year!
    I can see by your images that you have an appreciation and eye for form, movement and texture...I'm sure this will serve you well in creating your own works of beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pictures are really nice, and complements the page well. Yessss, inspiration comes from anything you can see, and feel. From the noise of rain hitting against the window, to classic oil paintings on canvas.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.